Sunday, September 19, 2010

A Pre-Position

Me myself I
Us ourselves we
What could become
with no
conjunctions?
"I" functioning
without "U,"
and we're short
a few,
just to get technical.
Vows aren't
vows without
vowels.
Symbols are
unreal.
But signs indicate
how we feel.
Still,
I hold pen in hand
while you
grasp pride
fear...
Fate ain't enough
for some,
but understand
that it's not up for
consideration.
Billie was blue enough
for all of us;
I'm trying to live
in the green,
so I guess I'll
go and keep it
moving.
No refrain.
No repeat.
No coda.
My mode is
progressive,
ever-building,
like Trane,
my existence in the breaks of your melody:
Not what you're used to
but profoundly comforting.
I don't want to write you a love song
unless it's Supreme,
centered in Creation.
You can't realize
the new
while stationed,
so move.
Don't make a
pass
if I throw.
Go.

5 comments:

  1. girl, i don't even understand it all, but i absolutely love it!!! i'm going to have to read this again when i'm not so exhausted.

    ::drop the mic!!:: :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i often forget that i'm on blogspot and can comment on such things as this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I second Rachel's comment. It's written beautifully <3 Will read it again tomorrow - its gonna be the first thing on my reading list :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol....I'm sad y'all don't understand it, but I'm glad you read it! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Girl, I swear that all of us need to start a movement. Great piece!

    ReplyDelete