Friday, June 22, 2012

Meh.

I come on a bit strong sometimes. Especially if I get too comfortable.

That's rare, though. As a Sagittarius, I never allow myself too much comfort. I need to be 10 steps ahead at all times. ALL TIMES.

But people love when you "keep it real". And I love people, and being honest, so why not knock out two birds with one stone (being, the rock of realness"...lol)? There's only one place where this practice fails me.

Matters of the heart.
With the opposite sex.
After the age of 25. Lol

Talking to a friend tonight (or not a friend...?), I appreciated that he welcomed my perspective on the female psyche without thinking I was trying to inch up on him romantically. I truly enjoy helping my men out with this because who else would? And I'm always right :)

However, by doing this, I realize that I exit the romance zone in my gentleman friend's mind and immediately enter "homie" status. In this case, that works for me (and I vocalized this, lol), but I wonder how many other men I've pushed away unknowingly because of this need to make people feel comfortable around me? Sometimes, I think it may be something else (height, hair, weight, skin tone, credentials, etc) that detracts them. But it could very well be how damn friendly I am.

Men like women with issues.
I don't want men to know mine.
I don't want men trying to save me.
Jesus has that covered.
As I smile, laugh and make light of some rather sad situations in the world of dating, I lose.

And so goes my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment